Wednesday, December 05, 2007

All I want for Christmas.....

A friend of mine in Indiana (shout out to Lisa Perry) was at the mall to take her kids to visit Santa and was given a this flyer. I was surprised that it included a photo of Sarah and a quote from us! Shaoahhannah's Hope is a wonderful ministry that works with families who feel called to adopt...domestiaclly and internationally. They were generous with us when we adopted Sarah by giving us a $2000.00 grant! We will be forever grateful to the many folks that have sent money to Shaohannah's Hope to allow them to bless families like ours! When I showed Sarah the flyer, she got a big smile on her face and said, "Look, it's me....Sarah Alexander!" Yes, through the miracle of adoption, Sarah is an Alexander! Like many who have adopted, we hear the words, "Oh, you are so nice to adopt" or "what a noble thing to do" or "You have truly blessed her by adopting her." I always think that they have it backwards! I often smile and say, "We are the blessed ones to have her!" Certainly we are!

Thank you Shaohannah's Hope for helping us bring Sarah home!

3 comments:

Ladybug Hugs 4 U said...

OMG - Kathy! That is wonderful :D I am so with you on the comments that people make. I always think that it is the other way around - what a joy it is to have Li Li. Ee are so lucky!

BTW - I will be sending a special present to Sarah very soon - keep your eyes out :D

Ladybug hugs,
;D

Jeff and Madeline said...

How cool for Sarah to be a celebrity! It is so true, you are truly blessed to have her (and all of your kiddos) and we are so happy we know you too!

I know organizations have to have criteria for allowing grants, I only wish they would expand their horizons, so to speak, on whom they deem worthy for funds. I am so glad you are one of the families that was included and so happy that your family is complete.

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Wow, that's amazing!! How special for Sarah!

~Lynn