Thursday, April 05, 2007

What a day!

I do have some video from today that I might post, but haven't gotten around to uploading them.

I have been really busy cleaning the house. I've put the boys to work in their rooms while I tackled closets, the girls room and my room. Goodwill is going to make a killing from our cleaning! The girls played in the house all day long. I was surprised how well they did with me trying to stay busy.

Tyler messed things up by putting one of my knee high hose over his head and running around the house saying, "I'm not Tyler." Sarah was scared beyond words. I was a bit mad at him, but I must admit that I enjoyed having her cuddle up to me for a good 15 minutes!

The next interuption came when I thought Tom was watching the girls. I came downstairs and saw Sarah licking the sliding glass door. I thought it was odd, but thought maybe she enjoyed the return of cold weather and the chill it brought to the glass. Not! Tom had given her peanut butter on a spoon. Sarah put it on the glass and decided she liked to just lick it off of the glass. I got it on video! I know my germ-concerened friends are probably thinking, "I can't believe she let her lick peanut butter off of the window!" I thought it was funny until I saw the bouncy horse had a bit of a layer of peanut butter on him,too.

The next video I took was Lily at dinner. We had fun video taping her eating a green bean..yes, one green bean. That is huge progress for my I-don't-like-veggies girl! Of course, I bribed her with a red licorice. You know, this cold weather has brought on some boredom in our home so we needed to create some opportunities to laugh and have a good time.

After the girls had their bath, I put them in front of the television and snuck upstairs to watch a little TV in my room. It wasn't long until Sarah found me. She loves to be wherever I am. She just hangs out with me and tells me she loves me. She worked on some puzzles while I watched TV.

It was bedtime before we knew it. I still lay down on the floor until Sarah falls asleep. I hope to stop doing that in the next month or so...I hate doing it, but I believe it has been in her best interest for now. Sarah's last words to me before she fell asleep were, "You're my best mother forever." That would have been a great ending to my day, but Lily was still awake.

If Lily is still awake when I get up to leave the room, she asks me to get in her bed and tell her a quick story. Tonight she wanted to hear her favorite story. It's about a mom living in a house with four boys..a daddy named Tom and three brothers named TJ, Ty and Dane. (Lily just grins as she tries to suck her thumb at the same time I tell the story) I tell about how this mommy was the only girl in the family and how lonely that was sometimes. I then tell her that the daddy said, "We ought to get a little girl in this house!" I then tell her about going to China to get a little girl named Yang XiaoJing and how we named her "Lily Kathrine XiaoJing Alexander." I kiss her good night and she says, "You're my best mother forever." Twice blessed tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing the family lives happily ever after...and that the Mommy will never be lonely again :)

Love,
Diane....another blessed Mommy