Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Really, we went to the zoo!

Dane helping the girls feed the bird.
Sarah feeding the bird all by herself!

Lily's turn!

Taking turns.

Still feeding.

Time to feed ourselves!

Gotta love this profile!

This one, too!

Cheesy!

Sarah loved the elephant!

Lunch!

Lily groomin' the goat.

Sarah's turn to groom him.

Groomin' together.

Nappin' at the zoo.
Well, today was a beautiful day! It looked like it was going to be the only really nice day this week. TJ is spending a few days on the farm with Tom's parents. Ty and Tom went golfing 18 holes. Dane and I took the girls to the zoo. I took a lot of pictures, but they were mostly of the girls! Really, we did go to the zoo! Dane was a wonderful big brother as he helped me all day with taking care of the girls.
It was so much fun to take the girls! The best part of the day was simply watching the faces of my girls as they saw so many animals. I wish I had taken pictures, but I was too lost in the moment. The best moment was when Sarah saw the elephant. They were walking and playing like crazy. It was so cool to see an elephant come to life for her!
They loved feeding the bird! And they squealed on the merry-go-round as I was anxious keeping my arms around both of them knowing I was going to get motion sickness....ah, but the things we do for our kids!
It was a great day!






2 comments:

Jeff and Madeline said...

Looks like fun was had by all! I wish our zoo had a petting area.
Madeline has the same shirt Sarah has on--I love those shirts for summer/spring (well, spring if we lived farther south! Today we had snow!)

Anonymous said...

I wanta go to the zoo with you guys....you looked like you all had a great time, I especially like lunch and snack time. Your family is so precious!!! Hug em' all for us!!!

Love,
Us Sourwine's :)