Sunday, April 08, 2007

He is risen! Sarah's first Easter! Yes, the Easter Bunny showed up today!

Easter 2006...............we didn't have Sarah home yet!
The girls at church. Miss. Denise gave them Easter Ducks!

Getting ready to leave for church....snow on Easter?!?!

Blurry, but beautiful!

Sarah's first Easter dress! Guess who gave it to her?

Lily is dressed and ready to go!

Lily and her Easter Bucket!

Sarah and her Easter Bucket!

Dane is the only boy that is allowed to hunt for Easter eggs!

Big brother TJ help Lily in the Easter egg hunt!

Sarah has her brother Tyler helping her!

Eggs all over the place!

Sarah did a great job on her first egg hunt!

The boys had a great time watching the girls!

Sarah had a good eye for those eggs!

Keeping warm during our breezy egg hunt!

This photo looks better than the top photo! We can't imagine
life without our Sarah!

Sarah, Lily, Dane, Ty and TJ.....the youngest to the oldest!
He has risen! He has risen indeed! It has been a great day celebrating one of the most important holidays of our faith....the resurrection of Jesus! We enjoy celebrating His birth, but to celebrate his victory over death! What a celebration! "Where o grave is your victory? Where o death is your sting? The sting of death is sin. And the power of sin is the law. Praise God who gives us the victory through Christ Jesus our Lord! (I Corinthians 15:55-57).
Okay, I obviously enjoyed dressing the girls this morning! My friends at church were surprised that I even had white gloves on them! I knew without a shadow of a doubt that no one would have the same dresses as my girls! These dresses were sent to us last Summer from Sarah's foster family in China! Aren't they beautiful?! It was so nice to say, "Ah-moo bought you these dresses!" My girls are not much into bows and ribbons so we settled for a few pretty curls. The boys? Well, they dressed themselves..although I did make a big deal and say, "no jeans and t-shirts today!"
We came home to a wonderfully cooked meal by Bob Evans! (smile) It was a deal I couldn't pass up when I was at Bob's for lunch this past week! I caved to pressure from my lunchmate Susan. She bought the package, too! Call me wimpy, but it was nice to have a great meal with the seven of us and not have to stress over getting it and everything else done.
Some Christians choose not to do the Easter Bunny thing at Easter because they don't want to put Jesus in the same category as the make-believe bunny. They skip Santa at Christmas for the same reason. That's fine if they do that...that is their business. We have no problem with the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause! The main reason I don't have an issue with it is because Jesus is a part of every minute of every day of our lives. We talk about Him as we come and as we go...all year round! We worship Him all year long. He is incorporated into our daily lives in such a way that I don't think our kids will ever struggle with putting Him in the same category as the Easter Bunny or Santa. That being said, we had to find the baskets that the Easter Bunny hid in the house for the kids.
The girls had a great time! They got a little candy, a little stuffed animal, and a movie. Sarah got "Curious George" and Lily got "Cinderella III." They were thrilled. The boys still enjoy trying to find their baskets, although we are running out of places to hide them since we've lived here for nine years now!
After the girls had their naps, we had the Easter egg hunt in the yard. It is hard to believe that I had to wear winter coats on them! TJ and Ty helped the girls while Dane joined in on finding them.
This has been a great Easter as we celebrated it as the Seven Alexanders! A year ago I was doing my best to wait patiently for China to tell us that we could come to get Sarah! Time almost stood still then as the waiting was such a challenge. As my friends who have adopted overseas would agree, it is very difficult to know that you have a child that is yours, just waiting in their home country until you can come get them...and you wait, wait, wait! Here I am a year later and we are comfortably settling into being this family of seven. God is good!
TEASER: If I get time tomorrow, I will post the videos, "Licking Peanut Butter off of the Window" and "Green Beans and Licorice." You'll love them!

2 comments:

Jeff and Madeline said...

I LOVE the dresses! The are absolutely beautiful and colorful! I remember last year like it was yesterday--the waiting was the worst! It is great to see Sarah included in the picture this year! Madeline loved the dresses too--"they look pretty!"

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

The dresses are beautiful! Happy first Easter to Sarah and all the Seven Alexanders!