Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Who would have thought? Oh, and there is hope!




God certainly has a sense of humor! I remember the days when I would make fun of (privately) the women at church that would show up at church dressed exactly like her daughter(s). So, here I am going to church this past Sunday making fun of myself because I was doing the same! Granted, it wasn't the jumpers from the late 80's/early 90's (no offense you jumper-wearing moms that dressed like your daughters back then!)! One of my favorite shop workers(Anne) in China talked me into it! I wanted matching outfits for the girls, but I didn't like anything that was pre-made. I picked the material and she made them for me. Before I paid for the two outfits, she suggested I get one to match. I almost laughted at her, but then I thought, "why not?" I thought this time of year would be a good time to bring out the green silk outfits!
Those of you who really know me understand the importance of the other photo! I am not what you would classify as the most girly girl in the world. I'm not big into fashion, makeup or doing my hair beyond the normal stuff. Don't get me wrong, I do wear make up, I do get my hair colored and I have even been known to wear a dress from time to time! One of my greatest passions besides my family, adoption/orphan relief and Bible study is SPORTS! Yes, I love sports! My girls are so girly girl. They can play with play hair dryers and fake make up for hours! One of theire favorite things to do is to pretend to do my hair...I don't enjoy it, but I do it. And they love to pretend to put polish on my toes and fingers...one takes the hands and one takes the feet. I was thrilled to look over this morning and see my girly girl Lily putting on fake make up..........look at her seat! Yeah!
I'm also trying to upload a video of Dane singing at church this past weekend. He has a brief solo in the beginning of the video. Don't feel like you have to watch the whole thing. He did a great job. He just has to smile more! He has Tom's musical giftedness and the serious-looking face of his mama!

4 comments:

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

LOL - I am so with you on the hair and make-up! In one of my early blogs on LiLi adoption site I used the term Colorado Camper Girl to describe me and my philosophy for travling to China! One of my girl friends was amazed to see LiLi in dresses and bows - she expected a pair of Columbia zip-pants and a baseball cap (my trademark).

By the way I couldn't play the video :-( Ian really wanted to hear his solo. Maybe later!
Debbie

Jeff and Madeline said...

Gotta love it! I absolutely LOVE the photos of you and the girls!!!! Thank goodness for the basketball, huh? As you know, I am not a girly girl either. So far so good with Madeline on that front.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Anonymous said...

Beatuiful, beatuiful girls....all three of you:)!!! I love seeing Lily with Sarah....don't you? So sweet!!!

xoxoxodiane

Anonymous said...

Chloe wants to come to play with Lily and Sarah!
Cute pictures!!

Love,
Lenharts