Monday, February 23, 2009

Same Shirt......spurred on by Donna T.


Lily's Gotcha Day.

Sarah's Gotcha Day.

I felt like blogging a little bit today, but I wasn't so sure what to blog about. I thought about writing something about faith, writing about praising God in the storms, adoption related topics, I even thought I'd write about the need of orphans in Vietnam that I am working with this month. I just couldn't get into writing. I then popped over to some of my favorite blogs. There were writings on faith, adoption topics, needs of the poor, and minitries to orphans. I guess I'm in a less spiritual mood and was caught by Donna T's photos. I'd hyperlink her blog, but quite frankly, I don't know how to do it! Donna's husband wore the same shirt on both of the Gotcha Days with their daughters. I posted this before, but am going to do it again. Here is is....Tom wore the same HAT, the same SHIRT with the same camera over his shoulder. Only difference? Different girls in different parts of China! And this was not planned! Me, I would have worn the same thing if I hadn't grown out of my "Lily Sized Clothes" by the time the "Sarah Sized Clothes" came along!

Can I also comment on his facial expressions? With Lily he was filled with excitement. With Sarah it seemed to be, "Lord help me, I now have five children!" I have the best guy........I really do! I don't know a more humble, faithful guy!

4 comments:

Adeye said...

Oh my---that is absolutely precious! What gorgeous little angels.
Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Okay...I have seen both photo's before:) AND...have never really noticed the differing facial expressions, but, I do today!! AND...I can relate to the "Sarah" facial expression of FIVE CHILDREN:) I look that way now, too!! We can praise God today for our five children, our husbands, and the FIVE children look we now walk around with!!!

Tara D. said...

I have to admit...I'm cracking up at how tired Tom looks in the second photo... :-)

Donna said...

Leave it to me to appeal to someone's non-spiritual mood! I think I really need to go back to church! ;)

Anyway, I just love Gotcha day photos! Two of the most amazing days of my whole life! I wore the same thing that day too but only because I noticed that Andrew was wearing the same thing (unintentional). Since then, I've looked at the turquoise shirt in my closet and remembered that I held my daughters for the very first time in that shirt. It's pretty ratty looking but I can't bring myself to throw it away. I think I'll keep it forever!

:)

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!