Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dane


It is hard to believe that Dane turned 13 on February 11th! I am now offically the other of three teen-aged boys and two preschool girls! Yeah, I live in extremes! Two weeks ago I was teaching one to drive a Barbie jeep in the morning and one to drive a Ford in the evening!

I am really proud of Dane! He brings a lot of joy to this house/home. He's smart and I do not have to get on him about school....ever! Well, except on the nights he is memorizing Scripture for a Bible test. He gets way too anxious! But, he pulls through and gets great grades. He loves to play sports and plays with a heart bigger than anyone! He is phenominal at playing the violin, but I do wish he would practice more! He cracks me up! If you have ever seen any of his videos on youtube, you would certainly crack up, too! I have to mention some of his videos. I love an early one where he was recording Tyler lip-sycing "Three Wooden Crosses" but Ty wasn't faking it to Randy Travis, he was faking it to the sound of Dane Alexander singing behind the camera! I also like the one where he attempts to play his violin at the same time he spins a plate on a stick! I then crack up on the shortest video that was recorded after several attempts at that skill when he says, "I have no talents." Of course, the most recent posted video makes me laugh as he plays basketball in the kitchen and trash talks to the camera as if he is talking to LaBron James, Alan Iverson and Kobe Bryant! If you want to check them out, you can find them on my youtube page sevenalexanders.

Dane is a wonderful big brother to LIly and Sarah. The girls love Dane! I enjoy hearing Ty and Dane do devotions at night with a small light on in their room. I'm thinking Dane is going to really miss Ty in a few years when he goes off to college. He asked if we would consider adopting a boy his age so he wouldn't be alone. At this time, he needs to learn to be alone! My quiver is quivering! Dane also has a sensitive heart for others......gotta love that! Plus, although he isn't one to show me too much affection in public, he can seldom walk past me at home without hugging me.....gotta love that! Shhh, don't tell him I posted that!

Anyway, Dane had a great day turning 13! What did we get him? It was a miniature camcorder.....since he likes to make movies. The only problem is that he took my memory card!

1 comment:

Jeff and Madeline said...

Sounds like a great b-day. So...I see a lot of you in what you wrote about Dane--no wonder he is such a cool kid!