Thursday, May 15, 2008

Two years ago.......................


This is Sarah on Gotcha Day, May 15, 2006

This is Sarah a few weeks ago!
It was two years ago today that Tom and I were sitting waiting in a room in the Lottery Hotel. Any minute they would bring Sarah into the room to be placed in our arms for the very first time. Adopting a 22-month old brought some anxiety. We didn't know what her personality would be. We wouldn't know her likes or dislikes. We weren't sure if she'd love us, her three brothers and her sister. Whew, I was anxious!

Here we are two years later! She is funny, sometimes stubborn, smart, creative, loving and did I say smart? She likes most all foods, her blanket, her bed, her stuffed animals and her bath! Most importantly, she is madly in love with all of us as we are with her!

4 comments:

Jeff and Madeline said...

Happy Forever Family Day! WOW! It seems like not so long ago and yet a lifetime. I was on pins and needles two years ago today as well, getting ready to leave for China and living through you for a week until I would get to hold my girl for the first time.
I remember it so clearly.

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Two years?
Where does the time go :D
I can still remember some of those early "conversation" we had after these two little princess came home. Oh how they have changed! Isn't it just a blessing to watch them grow!
I started working on Li Li's 2 year video yesterday. I still can't believe it. Our Forever Family Day is in two weeks.
Ladybug hugs,
;D

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet baby girl Sarah Jo....such a big girl now!!!!

Big hugs to you all,
Diane

Tara D. said...

It's all just so much fun, isn't it? :-)