Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Music Truck

(Sorry, no pictures today) My boys are telling me to stop doing something that I have done ever since we got home from China with Lily. I haven't decided what to do. I welcome your comments.....as long as you are nice about it!

When the weather starts to get nice, there are two ice cream trucks that spend most of their day in our subdivision. I hate the high price of ice-cream off of that truck! I hate it that kids run to it as if the have never had ice-cream in their entire life! There have been four summers since we brought Lily home. Lily and Sarah are excited about this truck. Every time they see one coming, they scream, "Mommy, it's the Music Truck, it's the Music Truck!" Lily will often say after that, "Isn't it nice that they drive around a play music for us?" My girls have no clue that the guy sells ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've trained them to think it is simply "The Music Truck." Fortunately for me, there aren't any kids too close to us that they observe getting anything from the music truck driver!

I have little pangs of guilt over misleading my girls, but I aslo find a great deal of enjoyment sharing in their excitement as they see the Music Truck approaching. Plus, I don't have to dig deep into my wallet to get them money to buy something when I have freeze pops in my own freezer!!j

Any thoughts?

6 comments:

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

I say let the music truck come :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

And a wonderful music it makes! They won't miss out on any memories if you don't do the ice cream truck thing. The memories come from drippy pop cycle smiles shared in the backyard, regardless of where they came from.

Jeff and Madeline said...

I'm with you. It is funny that you mention it because the Music truck went by my sister's today and M asked what it was. I think the music should just keep on playing for the enjoyment of the neighborhood children.

Julie said...

I agree with everyone else. Let the music truck come. It is not the end of the world if they do not know what an ice cream truck is.

Julie

Tara D. said...

I say call it what you want. Since it's not a life altering issue...what they don't know won't hurt them. :-)