Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Catching Up!


I was enjoying a cup of coffee while the girls were playing with chalk. I love this cup! Anyone want to guess on why is is so special?

Sarah enjoys playing the letter game in the drive. I shout out the letter and she hops to the letter that I call out.

I'm not sure about the pose, but she loves to play the Letter Game in our drive!

This photo of Lily really cracks us up!

Sarah was waiting patiently while I got the camera ready!

Lily was hoping there was something in the box for her, too!



She was so thrilled with the package!

It seems like it has been a while since I last posted! Life is crazy.....as usual! Tom is keeping busy at work. If anyone wanted to listen to him preach you can go to the media page at our church website: http://www.fairfieldcc.com TJ is finishing up his final hours driving with an instructor. Next comes the liscense. I'm not sure what I'm more worried about...TJ driving or the increase in insurance! TJ is keeping busy with lifing after school, going to as many open gyms for basketball, and making pizza at my favorite pizza place....Sugar Bears! Ty is starting to golf and enjoys lifting, too. He has started back with his piano teacher...which we are thrilled about! Dane continues with the violin. He is working out some as well.

I travelled with the girls up to Girard, Ohio to visit with family. Well, actually, it was the birthday of a dear friend of ours and I decided that was motivation to get me up to see my mom and the rest of our family. I didn't get any pictures! Ugh! It was good to be with mom...even though she wasn't feeling well. I got to see most of my siblings...Bill, Bob (he is so silly), Karen, Buzz, Karla. I didn't get to see Kim or Kara...neither of them live in that particular area. The girls and I also spend some time in the Owens home for the celebration of Madeline's fourth birthday! M is from A Mother's Love...the same orphanage as Sarah. Thanks for inviting us, M! While we were gone, the bachelor's seemed to survive! TJ took the ACT while we were gone.

Lastly, a big shout out to Lynn for sending the package to Sarah! Lynn travelled to get her daughter several months ago and brought back a few gifts from Ah-moo...Sarah's foster mother. Sarah was so excited! She is sharing the two stuffed rats that were sent to celebrate the Chinese New Year. Ah-moo is smart..she sent two of everything girly! The girls got purses and a variety of hair things. All five of the kids got a jade necklace. It's a special thing to be able to stay in contact with Sarah's foster family. We don't mind that our girls had different experiences in China. Lily has a great connection with our travel mates from our trip in 2004. We are looking forward to our annual visit this summer! Sarah has her foster family and a few folks that we are connected with that have children from Qinzhou (Sarah's original orphanage) and A Mother's Love (the second orphanage). Tom and I sent the grant proposal to the Lilly Foundation in hopes of participating in their Clergy Renewal Program. I'm trying to not get too excited. If it happens, our entire family will experience China in 2009! We will know in October if we are one of the recipients.

Thanks for checking in with us!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, seeing as I am the first to comment:)

HHHMMMM....UM...HHHHMMMM, let's see...it is slowly becoming clear to me...a vague 7th floor memory perhaps???

UM....White Swans are depicted upon the lovely China mug:) It is slowly appearing in my memory, there is a match to this mug...one held by a loving Baba in China, the other a loving Mama...while they sat back and sipped JOE as their baby girlie Lily crawled all over those dirty 7th floor hallways of the Swan:)!!!!

Do I win anything???

Love,
D

P.S....did you guys ever pay for those?? Kidding, just kidding (WINK ;) )
Gotta go read rest of your post, I got so excited to know the answer to your cup ?

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH:)
Those MICE ARE TOOOOO CUTE!!!! AND, Lily, what a sweetheart, I am so glad there were gifts in package for her too!!!!

How special, very special this gift for Sarah Jo!!!

Thanks for sharing...I love your side walk letter game...gonna try that with Jadyn and JOY:)

GO TEACHER!!!
xod

Seven Alexanders said...

Yes, we paid for those mugs! There were several of us on the seventh floor that purchased some. They were 2 USD each! I think it was a great deal!

Anonymous said...

See it does not pay to have room right outside the meeting room; )

I knew you and Tom had purchased the cups, but, had no idea others had...oh well...just give me my Beijing Starbucks mug or for that matter and STARBUCKS mug:) and I'm good to go!!
xod

Jeff and Madeline said...

How exciting!!! What cute gifts and Sarah looks super happy to have received them!

Thank you guys for coming up!!! We loved having you here and hope we can make it a tradition.

Glad the boys survived. Sounds like they are super busy too!

I am glad our girls get to keep a relation alive and well too. M doesn't have a "travel group" per se, so having Sarah and Lily in her life is very special for her (and us).

As for the cup...Grandparents?