Saturday, March 15, 2008

China on My Mind




I am working on a grant proposal that has taken up a lot of my free time. I'm really excited about it! If the proposal is accepted, and a grant issued, it could mean a trip to China in 2009! The trip would include stops in Yangjiang (Lily's birth city) and Qinzhou Citty/Nanning (Sarah's birthcity/foster parents home). Wouldn't that be exciting?! If it happens, the kids would be with us so there would be an extra blessing in providing Sarah an opportunity to see her foster family again. Lynn (thanks, Lynn) took these photos when she was in Nanning picking up her new daughter. I don't think I posted these photos yet. The one if of Ah-moo, Sarah's foster mother. She's holding the small package we sent along with Lynn. The other is of Sarah's foster brother and his wife.

Not much else going on here. Tom did turn 46 yesterday! We don't have any photos of the cake we had for him so I can't post. We only made him blow out one candle!

Oh, March 23rd will be a big day for me! When I wake up that morning I will be able to say, "Sarah has been with us longer than she was in China!"

3 comments:

Diane said...

Happy Birthday, Tom, be blessed,
Diane and family:)

Tara D. said...

Kathy-

I know this joy. It's stinkin' fun, isn't it? We have been discussing adopting again...in a few years. Funny...I love the independent years of my 8 yr. old...but when God prods, what's a girl to do? :-)

Keep us posted on your grant proposal, etc.

Jeff and Madeline said...

So excited about the grant proposal; I hope you hear the good news!

Happy B-day again Tom--good thing for the one candle LOL. Should I let Jeff off that easy next month--he will be 44.

Speaking of China on the mind, we are getting ready for a phone conversation with M's foster mother! So exciting! I will let you know how it goes. I have a list of questions, but I don't want to monopolize the conversation!