Saturday, June 05, 2010

My first dance recital!

(sorry, posts won't be in order!)
Today (June 5th) was my very first recital!  I've done just about every sport as a child or adult.  I've taken my boys to a variety of sports committments for almost 19 years.  Today was my first dance recital!  I made an honest attempt at doing the bun in the hair thing on my own, but it didn't work out so well.  Fortunately, there were women at the recital that knew what they were doing.  I watched and took mental notes and think maybe, just maybe, I might be able to be successful at my next bun attempt.

The girls take lessons from Erin Moris at Leaps of Faith.  Tom and I have a lot of appreciation for Erin and her ministry to reclaim dance for Kingdom purposes.  It was a beautiful night of worship as we watched the students who dance under Erin's leadership!  The girls are in a class of just three girls.  They were beautiful!  They danced to one of my favorite songs, "Beautiful."  If I can figure out how to upload videos from our new camera, I will share it.  Until then, trust me.....it was beautiful.  As much as I loved watching my boys in all of the sporting events of the past, I don't think I ever cried tears while watching them.  I'm getting way too soft as watching my girls dance, made me cry.  I am so blessed to have had them enter my life.  They have brought into my life pinks and purples.  And now they've given me dance!

3 comments:

Tami said...

"They have brought into my life pinks and purples. And now they've given me dance!" - soooooo sweet!

We have a Christian dance studio, too - and it is such a worship experience to watch my girls dance to God's glory!

Family Bits said...

Beautiful!
I've found two ways to make a bun on Cadence's hair.
First one-
tie it in a pony tail in the back
braid it, and tie the end
wrap the braid around in a circle to form a bun.
use bobby pins to keep in place
This is easy and makes it a bun that won't fall out.

Second- This one is very elegant, and Cadence actually did it to her hair first by messing around with her hair in the mirror...lol
You will need a hair band, a medium butterfly clip and 2-4 small butterfly clips.
-Tie it in a pony tail in the back
-Cup the pony tail to make a loose loop at the bottom of the pony tail, and clip it with the medium butterfly clip just below the hair band
-with the extra hair below the loop, divide in two, bring one side up over the loop, and secure with a small butterfly clip on the right side of the "loop". Then bring the other side up, around the left and secure with another butterfly clip.

This one sounds very complicated but it isn't. And it's so pretty. Let it fall as it may, as the event goes on...even prettier.

Tara D. said...

Way to go with the hair!