Wednesday, June 09, 2010

I guess the tooth fairy is visiting our house tonight!

It is a momentous occasion in our home as Lily lost her first tooth today!  This tooth has been hanging around way too long!  Quite honestly, you would think after having experienced three kids who have lost many teeth over the years, you'd think I wouldn't be so wimpy...but I hate the look of a loose tooth!  I do have an issue with some of the folks out there that "represent" the tooth fairy!  Lily says, "Mom, the kids in my class got $10.00 from the tooth fairy when they lost their first tooth."  My response, "Lily, I don't think that tooth fairy knows our family."  She follows that up with, "Well, I hope the tooth fairy that knows us can leave me a dollar and a quarter."  Personally, I still think that is a bit much for a tooth, but I'm thinking our tooth fairy can deliver a buck twenty five!  That's a first tooth deal only!  The bummer part is that the tooth fairy is really tired and wants to go to bed, but I still hear voices coming from behind their bedroom door!  Hope they sleep soon because I would hate for the tooth fairy to fall asleep and skip out on her duties!  Wouldn't that be heartbreaking for such a momentous occasion!

3 comments:

Tara D. said...

Ha ha ha..."I don't think that tooth fairy knows our family..." LOL!

Karen said...

WOW....The tooth fairy got a raise if she can give away that much!
Cady has a loose tooth...but she won't wiggle it. I think she wants to keep it....lol

Steven said...

Congratulations! You might like this Cool Tooth Fairy keepsake. FREE code "Fairy-Proof" http://www.iCaughtTheToothFairy.com