Monday, January 28, 2008

Where have I been?






I don't think I have posted for over three weeks! I'm not sure if anyone has checked in or not...if you have and have wondered...I'm still alive!

Several things have kept me busy and away from the blog world. First, let me remind you that I have five children! All three boys play basketball on three different teams. I spend five of seven nights on the sideline of a basketball watching one of the boys.

We've had a myriad of illnesses floating around our house so that has kept me busy as well. Sarah started it with a 3-day fever and cold. As soon as it ended for Sarah, Lily got it. Well, I think she got it. I waited for several days because I assumed it was the same "it" that Sarah had. Well, Lily ended up with pneoumonia (did I spell that correctly?)

In the middle of that, I had a bit of an accident at work. It didn't seem like anything too serious..at first. You see, I'm working in a dangerous environment...afterall, I'm a PE teacher for kids between the ages of 5 and 8. I have always been a hands-on teacher so it should be a surprise that I jump in and do the many activities with my kids. So, I was finishing up a soccer unit with my second graders. During the one class we were short one player to make the teams even. I jumped in. I figured I wouldn't play at my level....just try to play at their level. I was doing okay until I went to kick the ball. I didn't kick it, I stepped on it. It was a gator-skin ball so was a bit softer than a regular soccer ball. I ended up falling. All I remember is thinking to myself, "I'd really like to stop rolling." When I came to a stop, there were all these kids over me saying, "Oh, Mrs. Alexander...are you okay?" IT WAS A CONCRETE FLOOR!!! I got up as soon as I could to save what little pride I had left. My back hasn't been the same ever since. I know it isn't anything serious. It sure does stink getting old!

Enjoy the video and one picture that I've posted. The picture is of Dane on a theme day at school. Every class had a different theme for the day. Guess what the theme was for Dane's class! The video cracks me up! One day I saw Lily standing there doing the pledge. I had no idea she knew it!

Well, those muscle relaxers are kicking in and I'm feeling a bit loopy...better go.

2 comments:

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

LOL - I checked your blog this morning! I am so glad that you posted :D OMG - what a terrible accident! I will be praying for a speedy recovery. Thank goodness for drugs :D

Ladybug hugs,
;D

LifeWithTheFerrells said...

That video was so stinking cute! You should send that in somewhere and try to win some money!!
Thanks for posting!!

Tina