Wednesday, January 30, 2008

We were blessed today!



This is Olivia in the high chair. The man is Sarah's brother in China holding his son.



Lynn is obviously the blonde. Ah-moo (Sarah's foster mother) is holding Lynn's daughter Olivia. The other three are Sarah's foster brother, his wife, and their son.

I’m so excited this morning! I have an internet friend (Lynn) that is in Nanning, China picking up their daughter, Olivia. You can follow along at http://www.bringingoliviahome9.blogspot.com/

I asked Lynn if she would be willing to take an envelope full of pictures to give to Sarah’s foster family. I was thrilled to see that Lynn got to spend some time with our family in China! They met at the hotel and went to dinner together. You’ll have to go to Lynn’s blog to see what she wrote. I am happy (mainly for Sarah) that we can stay connected to the family that loved her so much for the first 22 months of her life. I must admit that I am a bit jealous! Our visit with the foster family was only about 20 minutes and was ended in an abrupt manner by the orphanage staff. That will always be one of my regrets…that I didn’t speak up and make the orphanage staff stop and allow us to have a pleasant good-bye. Lynn got to spend more time with them. I’m so thrilled to be able to experience more time with them….even if it is through Lynn. It sounds like Ah-moo was a blessing to Lynn as well. I also found out that Ah-moo is now a grandmother! Her son has a son! Now I need to think about what I want to send over to Ah-moo’s grandson.

Well, the boys are home today. The storm that came through took out the electricity at their school. I need to get everybody moving.

Lynn, I doubt that you’ll be on my blog, but if you do stop in…thank you for blessing us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very cool....and how cool is the red thread connection via internet friends/family....I just love it:)!!!!

Love,
Diane and all

Ladybug Hugs 4 U said...

That red thread at work! So amazing the way God brings us together!

Ladybug hugs,
;D

Jeff and Madeline said...

So awesome! I am sure they were thrilled to see pics of Sarah as well. I too am jealous--I wish we could have had dinner with LiYun her family, we only had the orphanage visit (if we knew then what we do know!) Oh well, the next time in China will be a for sure visit!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

It was nice that Lynn could do that... fate at work...