Thursday, February 22, 2007

Dane joins the Polar Bear Swim Club


The girls and I got to spend several days with my family in Girard, Ohio. It was a great time and I will share more in pictures and stories in the next post. It was truly fun to see the girls with my family. It was also good to hook up with Wendy and Madeline at the mall. Wendy is one of my internet friends...but one of the few that I have actually met in person! Madeline was fostered through the same orphanage as Sarah and they both lived in Nanning before being with their forever families.
These pictures are of what happened to Dane while I was gone. Dane took off with our youth pastor and a number of other folks for Round Lake Christian Assembly for a retreat. I told him he was not to go near the lake unless it was with adults associated with the program. I didn't want him to get stupid with other boys and end up in the lake. Well, wouldn't you know that Dane didn't just go near the lake....he went in the lake! I don't know who is crazier...Dane or his youth pastor that used a chain saw to create an opening in the lake. At least he was in the lake with him when he jumped in! Hmmmm, that's the kind of pastor Adam is....he's in the lake with the kids just as he is in life with them!

1 comment:

Jeff and Madeline said...

Dane looks like he will try anything! What did he say it was like? Does he plan to do it again?
Well, do you plan to let him while he is still under 18!? LOL