Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Pray for TJ

I am close to being able to be totally transparent regarding the heartache we have experienced in this last year with our oldest son, TJ.  I've been given an assignment that I have not wanted and yet I approach that assignment with all my heart, soul, and mind to pass with flying colors.  It's an assignment that can only be passed with the help of the Lord.  He is certainly faithful!

The Sunday before Christmas my husband and I stood before our church family because there was a huge elephant in the room.  The day before, our son made the front page of the local paper and two news stations in Columbus, Ohio.  We were several days into knowing what was going on, but had hoped that it would not be made public.  Not so.  It was the assignment we were given. 

The same day the news hit the front page I got an email from Carol Kent.  She new that we would be going before our church family and offered some godly encouragment.  She said, "Kathy, when we are vulnerable before the people of God, they respond with love and compassion."

I can't recall what Tom said, but I know exactly what I said.  I said, "There are many questions we do not have the answers to today.  So we rest in the things that we do know.  We know that we love TJ very much.  We know we are committed to him as long as we live on this earth.  We know that God loves him even more than we do.  We kow that God began a good work in him over 19 years ago and He will be faithful to complete that good work.  We know that Tom and I stand together strong with the help of the Lord.  We know we have a church family that loves TJ and loves us.  Thank you for praying for him and for us."

Our church has been wonderful through these times.  What a blessing. 
I'll share more soon.  Thanks for your love and compassion.  Pray for TJ.  God wins when it is all said and done.  We anticipate a great victory!

2 comments:

Adeye said...

Oh my friend. I cannot even imagine. I e-mailed you this morning. Hope you got it.

All my love and hugs
A

Jenni said...

We are certainly praying for you and Tom and all of your family. God is with you, He has already gone before you. Hold strong to Him, He will not let you go.
Blessings to all of you.