Tuesday, November 09, 2010

One day........

First, let me say to anyone who might still look at my blog from time to time....sorry I have been so negligent!  We have had an on-going crisis in our life that tends to take up a lot of my time and sometimes I am just fortunate to get the necessary things done.  One day I look forward to sharing publicly some of the things we have been experiencing regarding this crisis!  One day, there will be a victory and testimony that we will allow us to share more openly.  Praying that victory is soon!  In the meantime, we welcome the prayers!

One day this crib was the sleeping place of a little girl named Yang Xiao Jing.  The orphanage staff called this little girl "Jing Jing."  Jing Jing was found at the gate of that orphanage in Yangjiang on the estimated date of her birth, November 17, 2003.  For the next 11 1/2 months the Yangjiang Social Welfare Institute was her temporary home.  The crib was her crib for part of that time.  The photo in the crib is an earlier picture of Jing Jing.

Jing Jing no longer lives there.  In fact, she is no longer "Jing Jing."  One day God opened the door for Tom and I to travel to China to take Jing Jing out of that crib, out of that orphanage.  She is now Lily Kathrine Xiao Jing Alexander!  She has taken up residence in our hearts and in our home.  She has a forever family that can not imagine life without her!  She also has a much more comfortable bed that is so comfortable that there are many mornings it is difficult to get her out of it! 

This month has been an important month!  It was November 1 that we celebrated her "Gotcha Day."  It was on November 1, 2004 that we first got to hold Lily!  It was less than two weeks later that she got to meet her three brothers!  And just a few days after returning home with her, we celebrated her first birthday, November 17, 2004.  So, soon we will celebrate her seventh birthday!

November is also National Adoption Awareness Month.  Many children sleep in beds around that world and do not know the comfort of a bed in a home with a forever family.  That shouldn't be!  I'm glad there is a month to bring awareness to adoption.  I wish we could empty all of those orphan beds!

One day.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Wouldn't it be wonderful if those cribs were always empty?

Sending prayers and hopes that your crisis smooths out soon.

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Karen said...

I know you have mentioned this before, and you have been going through this for over a year now. If you would like to talk, my email is still the same,
mekaren @ citlink (dot) net


My son had a difficult start at becoming a man. He is now 27 years old, and one of the best men I know. Please feel free to drop me a note. You were there for me when I needed someone last year at this time. I will be praying for your family. Hugs...Karen