Saturday, June 28, 2008

New Territory!

Yesterday was a big day for the Alexander family. TJ got his license! To be honest, I have mixed emotions about it. I'm excited for him and yet........one more thing for me to worry about! I know many parents have "been there, done that" and I'm sure I'll get over this initial anxiety as time goes on.

We have two really old mini-vans so he isn't too thrilled about driving too much! He spends a good tiem on Craig's List looking for the ideal "first car." He's saving for it and I'm gearing myself up for that!

Pray for TJ! You might as well pray for the people of Lancaster, Ohio that will now have another young, male driver out on the roads, too!

2 comments:

Jeff and Madeline said...

Congrats TJ! I so remember the day I got my license--and yes, I would be totally freaked as a mom too (and will be when M gets hers).

Keep those mini-vans, I didn't want to drive my mom's family car--it was a Volvo! What was I thinking!?

Send out an email if he heads our way lol

Tara D. said...

I don't even know what to say. :-) Glad I'm overseas and not on US roads?