Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Three Year Celebration of Lily!




Tomorrow will be three years since we first got our hands on Lily! The adoption world calls this moment several things....Gotcha Day....Metcha Day.....Forever Family Day. I don't really care what it is called! It is one of the most memorable days in my life....the day I first laid my eyes and hands on my daughter Lily! As Tom stuck the camera in my face that day and asked me, "How do you feel, Kath?" The only word I could muster up as I fought back tears of joy was, "good." To some that may seem like such a simple word with little meaning. Oh, but, I can't help to recall what we read in Genesis (Chapter 1, verse 31), "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." So, "good" isn't such a bad word afterall.....I felt VERY GOOD!!!

2 comments:

Jeff and Madeline said...

Happy Lilyversary! What a day and what a girl!

You are right, it is good!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

So beautiful...I'm watching with tears in my eyes and all choked up! Thanks for sharing it.