Friday, October 06, 2006

The Fourth Alexander





Well, let me tell you a little bit about the Fourth Alexander! Tyler was born on November 21, 1992. At that time he was just 17 months younger than TJ...so I had my hands full! We liked the name Tyler (as did a number of other people because there are a lot of 13-14 year old Tylers right now!). We gave him the middle name of "Dean." He shares this middle name with his Grandpa Alexander.

One thing special I have regarding Tyler is that the last conversation I had with my father before he passed away was to tell him I was pregnant. He said, "I've prayed for this baby for a long time." Losing a parent is never easy...no matter how old you are. There is something special to that last conversation of that last visit. I am grateful for that blessing.

Tyler is currently in the eighth grade at Fairfield Christian Academy. He does exceptionally well academically (Tom's genetics), sings in the choir, plays trumpet in the band, is on the golf team, basketball team and track team. He also plays baseball in the Summer. He's not exeptionally tall right now, but is hoping the late growth genes of the Johnson family men kicks in soon. He has a great sense of humor and from day one has always been able to make me laugh. Ty does a great job at being a "middle kid." He's a good little brother and a wonderful big brother. He and Dane share a room and are quite close. Sarah loves all of the boys, but she especially likes her "Ty-lor."

Last year Tyler hiked 70 miles of the Appalachian Trail with Tom. They have great memories of the Smoky Mountains. The didn't see any bears, whew! He gets fascinated by different things. Once when he took up pogo-sticking, he pogo'd over 4000 times without stopping. He just told me, "It was 4110 times." Yes, he is into detail! He even pogo'd to a friends house..one mile. I was with him while he did that. That was a trip! This year was a big year for him since he beat his Dad at golfing.

I'm looking forward to seeing how God is going to use all my kids. Tyler will certainly do big things for Him!

Photos: The top one if of Tyler meeting Sarah for the first time in May. The next one is of him making a shot as a FCC Knight. The last one is him training Lily how to vaccuum the carpet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying reading about each of the Alexanders...each one very special.

Love,
Lenharts